Multi-directionally Reinforced Carbon/Carbon (nD C/C)
FMI Carbon/Carbon (C/C) billets are manufactured in three-directional and four-directional (3D and 4D) orthogonal, and 3D cylindrical reinforcement configurations to allow versatility in preform design, yielding and optimal engineered solution for end use. 4D billet design can be sized to optimize the best cost/usage and performance (fine and coarse weave) of the material. It can be tailored with multiple fiber types to design in specific performance requirement utilizing hybrid technology. FMI preform capability includes automated weaving, fiber stretch-breaking, and pultruded rod technologies to produce desired performance with maximum efficiency.
FMI C/C supports numerous active defense systems, including US Navy Standard Missile (MK-72 Booster & Third Stage Rocket Motor), Army Patriot missile (SRM & MSE), Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Systems, Trident D5 (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Stages), and many other missile and launch system rocket nozzles.
- Customized billet architectures and designs
- Fiber selection and geometric placement for intended application
- Low throat erosion characteristics
- Exceptional mechanical strength and stability at high temperatures
- Uniform Surface ablation during motor firings
- Stable performance in motor applications
- Solid Rocket Motor throats
- Leading Edges
- Missile Nose tips
Nozzle Exit Cones